Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Second week of Interviews.

This week we were told to step out of our comfort zone and interview people we did not already know. This task is hard if you are not comfortable with interviewing new peolpe. I started off my first one with a man that was my moms boss about twenty years ago. His Name is Rich Gold. The reason I admire him is because he owns his own business that he loves to do everyday.
Rich and my mom worked in Memphis, TN for about 5 years. The company name was Cummings Engine company. My mom was a plant manager and Rich was the one she reported to.
I first asked Rich what it took to get him to where he is today. He said he had a good base when he was growning up. He said he was always trying to do things that peolpe thought he could not do. (side note he said he was very stuburn growing up.) He said he worked hard in school and got job experience in college. He said that sometimes you have to go get what you want it won't always come to you. Gold had his first job for Cummins Engine company then he worked for a security systems agent. The part that I like the best about Mr. Gold is that he did all these jobs where he was the boss and oversaw a bunch of peolpe that worked for him.
Early in the interview he told me he had a passion for boats when he was growing up. His father always took him fishing and sailing. This is important becasue he is now the owner of a boat shop that sales and repairs boats on the beach. He has been doing this for the last 5 years. This is important because he is doing what he likes and enjoys what he does everyday.
I asked Rich what the best thing was about following your dream? He said the achievement of knowing I accomplished a goal I wanted.



The other interview should be coming by the end of the week. I am in semi contact with FC Barcelona's publish person. I was supposed to recive more information today. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. that's what's up Nate!

    Hopefully the next interview goes just as well

    Ben

    ReplyDelete